Last year was the year of me. I went in to 2012 wanting to focus more on myself. I wanted to lead a healthier and more active lifestyle. I was sick of feeling sorry for myself and just unhappy. So I put my best foot forward. It wound up being a very trying, albeit rewarding experience.
My word for 2013 is... DREAMS.
My goal this year is very much the same as last year. I plan to keep focusing on myself, but this year focusing on myself involves my pursuit to fulfill my dreams.
- Since high school I have wanted to become a personal trainer. This will be the year that I enroll in the program and work towards becoming certified.
- I would love to land a part-time or full-time job in social media, whether it be as a community manager or project manager.
- I will focus more on myself. Hair appointments, manicures, shopping. You name it. I need to take more time for myself.
- I will sleep more. More sleeps leads to a happier Mommy and wife. Just sayin'.
- I will stop worrying about every little thing. I suffer from anxiety and tend to over-analyze everything.
- I will try a new recipe each week. I love to cook, so this should be easy for me to achieve.
- We will date more often. I don't care if we have a babysitter for a night on the town or we have a date night at home. We need to take more time for ourselves.
- We will communicate more. You know devote time with no distraction to actually sit down and have an adult conversation.
- I will work on limiting my nagging (I struggle with this) and stop letting all of the husband's little annoyances get to the best of me. He is a great individual, husband and father. I need to focus more on that.
- Before picking arguments, I will ask myself "is this worth it?" and "is this matter really that important?". I struggle with this and tend to just get worked up far too easily over the silliest of scenarios.
- I will be more present as a parent. This involves putting away all gadgets when the children are awake. My kids won't be young forever. I want to take the time to embrace their childhood. I want them to remember me for being a Mom who was involved and fun. Not one that was trapped behind her laptop or iPhone.
- I will limit how much I use the word "no". It's a word that is commonly overused and totally unnecessary at the best of times.
- We will take the time to take a vacation as a family. I don't care if the vacation is simply to a cottage or a tropical destination. We love to travel and always enjoy that time we have together. I would love to take another family vacation this year if the financial cards are in our hands.
House & Home Goals
- I will decorate my new home. I never decorated the last house I owned. I just never felt like home, so I couldn't bring myself to decorate something that just didn't feel like it was mine. We had a beautiful new home built last year that we took occupancy of in August. This year I will decorate the house, add personal touches and make it my own.
- I'm notorious for being a neat freak. I will try to ease off of that a little. Not all messes need to be cleaned up immediately.
- While I love blogging sharing reviews and giveaways about products I love, I plan to write more personal posts this year. When I started my blog in 2008, it was my online diary. It was a place for me to share in my day-to-day experiences, joys of motherhood and vent. There is no reason why I can't still do that.
- I plan to network more with the brands that I love.
- I want to make the move over to WordPress. WordPress would give me more freedom. While the switch over would be a learning process, it would benefit me in the end. It offers more plugins and options that Blogger does not.
- I would love to add on some voluntary contributors to Domesticated Momma. It would nice to add more flavour and writing styles to the daily mix.
What are some of your goals for 2013?